Circle Pro Compatibility List

This thread is for comments and suggestions on improving the CPRO compatibility list.

Please note that this is a work in progress. All contributions welcome.

Link to the compatibility list here: https://goo.gl/qWF28b

Hi,

I would love to see the case support larger graphics cards (e.g., some 2080 Ti variants).
What does the current road map look like for the Circle Pro case?

Yep, we hear you on this. We are also waiting to find out when the 2080 series cards will be available in mini-itx format.

In terms of our current roadmap, we have plans for a number of form factors. We’ve been hearing a lot of requests for 2080 compatibility, so full length card support is definitely something we’re considering for the future.

I wanted to make note about fan headers on a motherboard listed as incompatible.
Asus - ROG STRIX B360-I GAMING Mini ITX

Per Asus’ website it should be compatible:
1 x CPU Fan connector(s) (1 x 4 -pin)
1 x Chassis Fan connector(s) (2 x 4 -pin)
1 x AIO_PUMP connector

Roger that. Fixed.

I have been searching far and wide for a new aluminium tempered glass design that has premium quality and can take high end components.

I’m currently running an Inwin 901 which is a beautiful case in its own right.

My hopes were so high when I saw this case.

Can I ask a serious question with love…
Why when designing such a masterpiece from scratch you didn’t add space so you can fit normal size components.

My dream case right now would be this,
With:
GTX 2080 ti
Full size psu.
AIO
240mm fans on bottom.

These cases and ones alike are already small and beautiful, yet there is always some component that won’t fit and things that don’t work efficiently.
Why we don’t just add a little extra room to house these parts I don’t know, the case would still be small and fit on a desk being designed to such perfection.

I have noticed others complaining about price.
When someone is willing to spend the money for this case, someone like me. I want to be able to put the best equipment I can in it and not have to cut down on gear, otherwise what’s the point in buying such a work of art.

Also, I noticed that heat was a tiny issue for some people. With a similar case right now the blower reference cards are much better for exhausting heat in sff cases. I don’t know if the new rtx cards are going to be blower by the look of it.

Cheers, Brett

Good question Brett. The thing is, case design is all about choosing what to compromise on. Because of the huge variability in components, it’s almost impossible to design a case that supports EVERY possible layout. That’s what mainstream ATX cases try to do, and is why mainstream cases are so large and unremarkable - because in order to fit everything, they’ve got to stick to dimensional standards.

The SFF community have been producing some incredible designs over the last couple of years, only because they’re willing to break compatibility with a huge portion of mainstream parts. By focusing on cutting edge smaller components, they are able to achieve more with less space.

This is a good point. We could increase the size of the Circle Pro a little bit, and increase compatibility by a lot. We have been looking into this possibility for a while now, but we’re also worried about losing the unique, satisfying size of the CPRO currently.

A big dimension of the design for us is how it looks and feels on your desk. Being small or compact is a big part of this. Any bigger, and it makes having the computer on your desk less practical - and if you’re storing it under your desk, then it no longer matters how it looks. It’s a balancing act.

I hear you on this. We’ll hopefully have a product for you soon that will allow you to do this. For now, Circle Pro remains the smallest, most optimal and beautiful design we can make. Any larger, and we can no longer afford to use the manufacturing techniques we’re using, as the price just becomes astronomical.

Also, just a philosophical question: when it comes to design, and especially design that involves computer parts, at some point you have to try and exclude outdated components. At what point do you say that you no longer need to support full length cards, when you can fit the same power into an ITX size card, or even a laptop MXM?

It’s true that the brand new 2080 FE cards don’t fit with our current configuration, but we expect to see 2080 cards come out in ITX form factor soon. Zotac just released an RTX2070 Mini for example.

Thanks for the reply. I really appreciate the response.

I get what you’re saying about how hard it is to design a case that can accommodate every consumer choice in the market, especially trying not to blow out manufacturing costs.
I love the amount of details and craftsman ship gone into this thing.
Will have to keep my eye out for the mini RTX and the like.

Any ETA on new stock?
Thanks

Hello.

I love that you guys are focused on the mini ITX form factor GPUs, particularly Zotac’s. However, I wonder if their 1080 Ti ArcticStorm Mini would fit? It’s a bit tall and it appears a lot of vertical space in this case is taken up by the SSD cage.

I’m a huge fan of liquid cooling GPUs due to the comparable heat they produce but there are little to no other GPU blocks for these mini cards.

Here’s 2 more that “should” be able to be added to the List:

Motherboard
ASRock - Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX/ac Mini ITX

PSU
Corsair - SF 600 W 80+ Platinum

PROBLEM is can’t even buy this case??? When is it back in stock???

Graphics Card
GIGABYTE GeForce RT​X™ 2070 MI​NI ITX 8G

Would be nice if someone have information if this AIO could work with the Circle Pro.
The Asus Rog Ryuo 240 RGB, pump dimenions: 80mm x 8mm x 45mm and side mounted angle-adjustable liquid tubes, radiator dimensions: 272mm x 121mm x 27 mm and it’s not square.
For me the coolest part it is the 1.77" OLED panel wich can show temp information.
Also to be tested:
-Corsair SF700 power supply
-EVGA SuperNOVA 650 GM

yes, please Test the Asus Rog Ryuo 240 RGB AIO

Thanks guys, added.

Yes, This looks like it should be compatible! The cooling block and radiator should both fit.

Awesome, When’s the ETA on the next Circle Pro restock?
And I think you should really consider pre-orders

Anyone know if an Asus Rog Strix X470-I (mini-itx mobo) should be okay? I’d like to run an AMD Ryzen 7 2700X. It is a mini itx and has the same dimensions as the Z390-I. I need this case though lol, must have. Thanks!

MSI GeForce RTX 2070 Aero ITX 8G
https://www.msi.com/Graphics-card/GeForce-RTX-2070-AERO-ITX-8G

Mini gpus are getting so powerful with less compromises…pls let give us update on the estimated time to restock…:frowning:

Dang this case is Sweet! If you were to remove and not use the SFX power supply houseing/cable cover and use the HDPLEX 800W DC-ATX with and external AC-DC power supply, could you fit a fully length 2080/2080ti card in there? That would be sweet!

Hello~,Is it possible to get a CAD model of the latest case? I am proficient in 3D modeling and wanted to try out some ideas I had in my head , this is a delicate chassis, look forward to your reply, thank you!

Yes - you can access a CAD model of the case for modding here.

Yes, it’s possible. It’s a bit of a mod however, and we don’t currently support it as there are some challenges in making it work well.

Pre-orders are risky considering the manufacturing issues we’ve encountered. Once we have these issues ironed out, we’ll reconsider it.

Re-stock is currently projected for the coming weeks.